Monday, December 3, 2007

Today!

Today, I had a breakthrough! I didn't have to drag myself out of bed. In fact, today was a very good day indeed.

It was a bright, chilly morning and I drove up to Edinburgh with the windows wide open to blow away any cobwebs and to breathe in the revitalizing and bracing Scottish air. I had an appointment to meet up with Annette who is eagerly offering up her feet to be read by Jane Sheehan for our January edition. Our mission was to take some up close and personal photographs of her feet ... and very interesting feet they are too! Standing up, sitting down, feet together, one foot, two feet, feet on the table, tops of feet, soles of feet and toes alone. Nothing was left to the imagination! It was only a short visit, but it was great fun to meet Annette again and I have to say that she also makes a great gluten free muffin!

Then it was back in the car and I headed off to eh9Design to meet with Marten, Universally Rio's webdesigner, for an afternoon of creative brainstorming. I love going to see him and each time I walk through his door I am welcomed into an atmosphere of relaxed, efficient tranquility and I'm continually impressed by the hugely, massively, awesome computer screen that he creates his magic on. We had a very productive afternoon, interspersed with much laughter as we tried out various special effects to help bring Christmas into UR's pages. But before we knew it, almost four hours and passed and it was time for me to go. My only 'disappointment' of the afternoon was that there were absolutely no biscuits at eh9Design ... but then again it was probably a blessing in disguise!

No comments: