Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hello from Hong Kong!


Hello from the other side of the world! From Rio de Janeiro to Hong Kong within a matter of two days ... and a good dose of jet lag to confirm the transition!
In my younger years Hong Kong would have meant partying the night away in one of the island's many nightspots and in more recent years it has meant pot noodles in the middle of the night, while surfing the tv channels for something half decent to watch. Today/this morning/tonight, it meant dragging myself out of bed, into the gym and on to the treadmill - a guaranteed way to clear the usual 'jet head' that my body manifests, just to remind me that I have travelled forward in time. Then with map in hand and a newly invigorated enthusiasm for being awake, I headed off to discover one of Hong Kong's oldest temples on the Island. The Man Mo temple did not disappoint and you will be able to see the photos and read about my little adventure in Universally Rio's January edition. So here I am at 2 am, still bright eyed and bushy tailed, twiddling my thumbs in my hotel room - but life is good and there is in-room internet ... and I know sleep will still come in time for me to go to work well rested tomorrow!
So until my next landing in the next continent, I wish you all sweet dreams!
In love and light, Sally x.

No comments: