Thursday, March 27, 2008

Magical Sydney!

I don't know quite what it is about Sydney, but I just love it!
As crew, we only get 24 hours here, but on every visit, I take immense joy from going down to the main harbour area called Circular Quay, where the Opera House stands in its magnificence. Along side the ferry terminal and toursit shops, you will find this incredible man. I have no idea what his name is, but he is always there and he spends his days being a focal point for tourists and fulfilling their desire to have their photo opportunity with an aborigine. His friends play the digiridoo and you can hear the mysterious vibrations calling you to come closer and closer and pulling you into ancient Australia and aborigine dreamtime. I always feel uncomfortable standing there as a tourist ... and yet I just can't help myself from wanting to be there. It is always a huge wrench to pull myself away from the music as it casts its spell over me and I yearn to know more about the innate ancient knowledge that I sense is held within.
If you find yourself 'down under,' be sure to experience this aboriginal magic for yourself!

No comments: